- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2-3 Tbsp black cherry preserves
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- powdered sugar
Combine first 2 ingredients, stirring until well blended. Spread goat cheese mixture on each of 4 bread slices; top each slice with basil. On the other 4 bread slices, spread the preserves. Pair each cheese slice with a preserve slice. Lightly coat the outside of the bread with cooking spray.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches to pan. Press gently with a spatula to flatten. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly toasted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Sprinkle with sugar.