Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mom's Banana Apple Bread

These muffins capture the taste of fall. That's right, I said you can taste fall when you bite into these delicious muffins! They are so yummy, you have to try them!

Obviously, I made the 'bread' into muffins. The recipe gave me 18 muffins, which were gone in 2 days! I have to say that I have never prepared apples this way (when including them in bread). I think they were the key to making this a super moist bread.

Thanks to Joy of Hot Oven, Warm Heart for choosing this week's SMS recipe!

*I made a couple of substitutions... this is what I had on hand:
-Blood Orange Juice for Orange Juice
-Gala Apples for Granny Smith
-Baking time was 25 minutes.

16 comments:

  1. These muffins look super yummy! I think you're right - the apples did make the bread super moist.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to be making this recipe again. I think the muffins are a great idea. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to make muffins. I loved this recipe and thought the apples were wonderful in it! Im glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely thought of Fall when I was making this, too! :) Your muffins look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree-they totally do taste like fall!! The apples really make the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMMMMmmmmm.... muffins! I have to give that a try next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made muffins too - the shorter baking time is key when the temps are 90+ around here :) Your muffins look great! I agree on the apples - they took the recipe over the top for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The apples were definitely the thing that made this bread so special. Great job with the muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had never sauteed apples before baking them either but they were delicious! I like the idea of the muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, the apples made this one. Your muffins look great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your muffins look so good. Glad you enjoyed the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lauren!

    Thank you so much for baking along with me this week! I’m really glad to hear you enjoyed the recipe! I’m sorry I didn’t have a chance to stop by and comment sooner- I’ve been really under the weather for the past two weeks, so unfortunately I haven’t been on the computer too much… but I’m glad I had the chance to see your lovely muffins! They look absolutely fantastic- great job!

    I hope you and your family are doing well- have a great rest of your week! Hope to hear from you again soon!

    <3,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Muffins were the way to go with these. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute and I agree, they just taste like autumn. Delish!

    Katie xox

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio
Clicky Web Analytics